Heya fellow CoProjs,
We need a good solution for an in-memory DB
(not a hybrid solution, a pure in-memory one).
We run a server farm on strenuous efforts of several weeks at a time, in which we use 100% CPU on all continuously!
We are now looking into performance improve by moving the Worker application to perform strictly in-memory till it is finished (a periodical task performed each time with different params).
At the end we want to take the DB and save it as a file and\or migrate it to another File based DB like SQL Server or Oracle.
I've heard of TimesTen
, SAP Hana
, and there are rumors about MS
to unvail an in-memory DB in the next shipment of SQL Server!!
However, I'm not experienced with all the above too much, and I'd like recomendations if you can spare a minute,
Major requirements are:
- Top performance (over 100K transactions per second)
- Cross Platform, i.e. both Linux and Windows (not a must be very very nice-to-have
- Not an Appliance
- Preferably possible embed in the code, like using DLLs and compiling the DB in your project (I know eXtremeDB and Raima work this way, perhaps others too)
- Ability to work with clustering (advantage)
- Ability to save the file at the end of the process
So the question is, I guess, what to pick, when and why?