I wrote this DLL for implementing direct access I/O ports in Windows NT/2K/XP.
For compiling the project, you need VC7.1-2003. For compiling kioport.sys, you need to install the DDK. Kioport is based on PortTalk.sys from the article: "Beyond Logic Port Talk I/O Port Driver", http://www.beyondlogic.org/, and "A DDK's project wizard for VC2003", http://www.codeproject.com/KB/macros/ddkwizard.aspx.
Using the code
- Copy kioport.sys to \windows\system32\drivers.
- Add kioport.reg to register windows.
- Reboot windows for activate service in the register of windows.
- Add kport.h in your project and kport.lib.
- Put Kport.dll in the same directory as the application.
Using the Kport DLL is so easy. Here is the function definition, and the explanation follows:
BYTE Inportb(WORD PortNum);
void Outportb(WORD PortNum, BYTE byte);
PortNum: is the port number; for example: 0x378 (LPT1).
BYTE: data to send for a specific
Ouportb, and data received in
How to use the sample dialog
- Write a number bellow the text 'Write Value( )', and click in the Write button.
- Click on the Read button.
- First version: April 3, 2005.