I needed a screen capture utility and was tired of the 30 day evaluation versions of commercial products, so I decided to develop one. This article presents the result.
I have used pure C# code, no unmanaged code at all.
- To enable capture of a selectable rectangle on the screen
- To support all major image formats
- Need to be simple and intuitive
- Run the application.
- Press the capture button. Now
ScreenCapture will disappear and you will get a dimmed image of the screen.
- Move the cursor to the top left corner of the screen area you want to capture and press the left mouse button.
- Move the curser to the right bottom corner of the screen area you need to capture and release the left mouse button. During this operation, a selection area will be seen.
- Now the captured area is displayed in the
- You can save it to file by pressing the Save button.
- You can change the way the image is displayed by selecting a different mode in the toolbar
The screen capturing utility was easy to write!
- 2nd June, 2006: Initial post