About Registry Explorer
Registry Explorer is a freeware program that is intended to replace regedit.
This free software is a system tool that puts itself into Windows Explorer.
- Total integration in Windows Explorer
- Drag and Drop
- Copy and Paste
- Multiple selection for export to file
- Create shortcuts to registry keys
- Add registry keys to your favorites
New features for version 1.1
- Edit a key's security like in regedt32 (Windows 2000 only)
- Fully functional find
- Type registry keys in the address bar in the form of an URL
(This example actually works with version 1.1 installed)
- New icons
- Not working on Windows XP
Be very careful when editing the registry. Changing or deleting values in the
registry can render your computer unusable. Make sure you know what you are
Terms and conditions of use
Registry Explorer is free for non-commercial use. This will also be the case
for the final version.
Things you can do:
- Install the software on your computer
- Install the software on all computers on your company
- Give the software to a friend
- Put the software on a website that is free for everybody
- Put a link to the Registry Explorer homepage on any web site
Things you can NOT do:
- Distribute the software as part of a package that people have to pay for
(e.g. a software package or a CD-rom that comes with a magazine)
- Put the software on a paysite
- Install the software on a computer you sell, or as part of a software
package or service you sell
In short, you can not make money from it. To do any of these, contact the
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE AUTHOR OR HIS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The latest version of this download is available here
Henk studied computer science at the University of Ghent, specializing in theoretical computer science.
He is now working for Artwork Systems
, Belgium, and Whirling Dervishes Software
Henk knows a little something about networking, graphics, object-oriented design, AI, embedded systems. He knows most of the PDF specs by heart.
Henk developed NSELib
, the NameSpace Extension Library.
You can find his latest freeware software at regxplor.com
. It contains a namespace extension that puts the registry in Windows Explorer. The newest commercial project is Alpha ZIP
, an explorer-embedded ZIP file utility.