Here is some cool stuff to add your own (Custom) prerequisite to "ClickOnce" application.
Remember we can only add those prerequisite through “ClickOnce” which are by default in prerequisite list while publishing. To add our own prerequisite you need to have boot strapper package. Once created boot strapper package then it will automatically included into prerequisite list. To generate boot strapper can use “Bootstrapper Manifest Generator” tool. Follow the steps given below to add own boot strapper using “Bootstrapper Manifest Generator” tool.
1. Download “Bootstrapper Manifest Generator” http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=ddb4f08c-7d7c-4f44-a009-ea19fc812545
2. Install “Bootstrapper Manifest Generator”.
3. Open BMG (Bootstrapper Manifest Generator) you will see following screen.
4. Select FileàNew will see following screen.
5. Select “Package Manifest” and click on OK, you will see following screen.
Type project name and click on “Add Installer File” icon top left you will see following screen.
Browse for file, you wish to add into prerequisite, as I added exe as prerequisite you can choose as per your requirement.
8. Click on Ok you will see following screen.
9. Type display name and click on “Build” icon top left.
10. Your prerequisite is been created, can see in prerequisite list as shown in following figure.
11. All set select “Test” as prerequisite from above list and publish application.
NOTE – While creating custom prerequisite using “Bootstrapper Manifest Generator” you can use lot many settings. I just showed possibility how to use custom prerequisite while using at production environment you must be careful.
I am a .NET developer cum designer. I work for Zensar Technologies Ltd. Pune (INDIA), I consult, I develop, I debug and besides that I speak at conferences and user groups and I also write. I have written some articles on WCF, WF, SSIS, Compression decompression, CLR Store Procedure, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, Extended grid and lot more to count.
Reach to me on:-firstname.lastname@example.org