There is a very useful control called
then I started to create the JavSscript lib myself. The only purpose is to better the user's experience.
There are several kinds of textboxes I am providing for IE / Firefox.
- Textbox only accepts non-negative integer
- Textbox only accepts whole number
- Textbox only accepts currency (e.g., 14.22 ) and two decimal points
- MaskEdit accepts special strings such as postal code, telephone number etc.
- Textbox will auto-trim when it loses focus
- Textbox will show tip if it is empty
Here comes the demo, please try it yourself: Click here for the demo.
Using the code
You should copy the *.js in the /JSLib/ to your project, and there is a file named "help.txt" that describes which files you need to include in your
HTML pages. The Global.js is necessary.
And then you should initialize the textboxes when the page loads, for example:
InitializeTextbox( "txtAcceptWholeNumberBox", InputType.WholeNumber);
InitializeTextbox( "txtAcceptCurrencyBox", InputType.Currency);
InitializeMaskEdit( "txtPostalCode", "$A$d$A $d$A$d");
InitializeMaskEdit( "txtTelPhone", "($d$d$d)$d$d$d-$d$d$d$d");
InitializeMaskEdit( "txtCarNumber", "$$A*$d$d$d$d$d");
InitializeMaskEdit( "txtDateTime1", "$d$d$d$d-$d$d-$d$d");
InitializeMaskEdit( "txtDateTime2", "$d$d/$d$d/$d$d$d$d");
"If you do not change the password, left blank.");
- It does not support Chinese characters at this time. I would like to implement it but it is very difficult, I need to consider more.
- Since Firefox does not support
the user can still input an invalid string by pasting, dropping, so this script is just used to provide a better experience, and it is necessary to use ASP.NET validation controls.
- V1.0 2006-10-10: Created.
- V1.1 2006-10-15
- Improvement: Renamed
- Fixed bug: If there is already a value for mask edit when page loads, the value will be removed.
- Improvement: Changed the Escape character to $A $a $d.
- Fixed bug: Should prevent content menu and cutting in mask edit in IE.
- Improvement: Added the auto-trim textbox.
- Improvement: Add the tip textbox.
- V1.2 2006-11-05
- Improvement: For the
InitializeXXX functions, can pass either control ID or instance.
- Fixed bug: If the mask edit gets focus, the input cursor will move to the first unfilled position.
- Improvement: Added the AJAX class.