The project exclusively uses the features found in VISUAL C# 2005 Express Edition.
The ZIP file content:
- Project source code for .NET 2.0+
- Skinned form in 9-image mode using variable opacity on NT platforms
- Visual effects based on OpenGL
- Playing MP3 audio using BASS.DLL
- PNG graphic components specifically designed for the project
- One free MP3 audio file
Apart of the
MAIN_Form class, the project uses 4 specific classes:
- Audio.cs (BASS.dll interface)
- OpenGL.cs (OpenGL interface)
- Win32.cs (Flat API encapsulation)
SkinEngine (properties and methods of the Skin Engine).
Note: The MP3 file and BASS.dll are located in the project folder named "\bin\debug".
BASS.dll from Ian Luck (www.un4seen.com) is a prerequisite for playing audio.
The code must take over the
WinProc, to handle the very important
WM_NCHITTEST message, to mimic the behavior of a standard window.
Drag & Drop
You can use it between Explorer and BlackBox to play MP3 files!
private void SETUP_parameters()
SK.ColorLayerBackground = Color.FromArgb(255, 64, 64, 64);
SK.ColorCaptionEnabled = Color.FromArgb(255, 220, 220, 220);
SK.ColorCaptionDisabled = Color.FromArgb(255, 92, 92, 92);
SK.Alpha = 204; InitOpenGL(OPENGL_Container.Handle);
Pulsating = true; Velocity = true; BASS.Init(hFORM_Main);
BASS.FileToPlay = @"BlackBox.mp3";
Last, But Not the Least
For those who may wonder why I am not using exclusively managed code, suffice to say that because I am working with different languages, it is easier for me (when writing demo) to use the only common denominator to all of them, the Flat
You can check for the latest demo version here in the "C# corner" section.
- 18th October, 2006: Initial post