After 6 months of work, here is finally my first MFC program release. This program is a CAM simulator. I am not a software engineer, so please forgive me for errors. If you have questions please let me know. I am sure that you will find them. The lecture of data files was a big problem to me at the beginning, so here is the implementation. I needed to read *.txt files, what the CNC machine generate. Here is an example M X25 Y23 Z25 SPEED1500. This is a block of data, needed to setup the machines. This is a kind of language that the machine use to move on the coordinates over the work space. So in this implementation you can read a full document, splitting the block in the necessary X Y Z and SPEED values. This is my first upload, I have more things to say about this program I will try to improve soon, this short commentary.
CString fichero="archivo de Código G",temp;
"Codigo G (*.tap)|*.tap|Codigo G (*.act)|*.act||",NULL);
if (archivos.DoModal() == FALSE) return;
CFile cfFile (fichero, CFile::modeNoTruncate | CFile::modeRead);
CArchive ar (&cfFile, CArchive::load);
if(temp.GetLength() == 0) continue;
for ( i=0; i<5000; i++)
x[i] = y[i] = z[i] = 0;
sp = 0;
k = 0;
d = strlen(linea[i]);
aux[k] = linea[i][j];
if (linea[i][j]==' ')
if (sp==1) continue;
x[kn] = atof(aux);
x[kn] = x[kn-1];
y[kn] = atof(aux);
y[kn] = y[kn-1];
z[kn] = atof(aux);
z[kn] = z[kn-1];
k = 0;
j = d;
presentar = 1;
sumz = 0;
for (i=0; i<nl; i++)
sumz += abs(z[i]);
if (sumz == 0)
torno = 1;
fresa = 1;
May 2001 – January 2002 MERCK SHARP & DOHME QUITO, ECUADOR
Project Assistant in the area of Engineering. I am in charge of project 02: Remodeling of the area of Liquids and Laundry: where the syrups Hemocyton and Aurimel are synthesized. I have received courses in Industrial Security and GMP (good manufacturing practices). I designed the systems for vapor, cold, and hot soft water for these areas.
2000 - 2001 GENCO DRAWING SERVICES QUITO, ECUADOR
I created this company that is devoted to the service of drawing of plans in AutoCAD through the Internet. I designed the web page and the promotion systems and publicity. I elaborated the operation procedures. Another part of this company is MiCotizador.com, a database of products and services for contractors and projects, in Quito.
August 1996 – November 2001 Escuela Politécnica del Ejército (ESPE), School of Mechanical Engineering (FIME) , QUITO, ECUADOR
• First prize in a competition of Structures
• Third prize in a Heat Transfer challenge (Adiabatic Processes)
• Attended a seminar on normalized procedures for the assembly of oil facilities
• I have complied with all courses and credits required by the ESPE for the termination of my degree. Upon defending my thesis in November, I was awarded my diploma. My thesis topic was: "Development of a Simulator for Milling and Lathe Machines by means of Numeric Control" for the laboratory of CAD/CAM of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
August 2000 Occidental Petroleum Corporation
• One month internship with OXY, Block 15, Sucumbios (in the Ecuadorian Amazon); completed 337 hours of work.
• I spent time in the areas of mechanical maintenance, plant area and finally in automation and control.
1990 -1996 SAN GABRIEL HIGH SCHOOL
• I was on the basketball team.
• I actively participated in the competitions a