This component makes it easy to add a Gantt chart to your application. You just need three lines of code to get it working.
This Gantt chart control includes these features:
- The columns are automatically shown based on the width of the component and the time between the start date and the end date. If there're more than two days between those dates, it will only show the date; otherwise, it will show the time of the day (with minimum 5 minutes apart).
- You can set the color (including the hover color) for each bar individually.
- The Gantt chart automatically shows a custom scroll bar when it contains more rows than the visible area allows.
- You can easily obtain information about the bar when hovering your mouse above one.
- An easy to use multi-row tooltip text.
- Change bars using your mouse.
I tried to find a good, free, and easy Gantt chart control to use in my project, but didn't have any luck. Then, I decided to make one myself, which actually was easier than I thought it would be.
Using the code
To get the Gantt chart component to show something, you only need this:
GanttChart1.FromDate = New Date(2007, 12, 12, 0, 0, 0)
GanttChart1.ToDate = New Date(2007, 12, 24, 0, 0, 0)
GanttChart1.AddChartBar("Row 1", Nothing, New Date(2007, 12, 12),
New Date(2007, 12, 16), Color.Aqua, Color.Khaki, 0))
As mentioned above, this component also includes a multi-line tooltip text.
Dim toolTipText As New List(Of String)
.ToolTipTextTitle = .MouseOverRowText
.ToolTipText = toolTipText
When a tooltip-text-row is included, the line is automatically bolded.
It is also possible to save the Gantt Chart to an image file:
The included Zip file contains a project showing how to use its different features.
- Version 0.55
- Added the feature to drag the bars (after editing a bar, a
BarChanged event is fired).
- If time between start and end date is larger than 60 days, the Gantt chart switches over to showing months instead of days.
- Version 0.54
- The Gantt chart can now be saved to an image file.
- Version 0.53
ScrollBar added to component.