Consume web service to Orchestration, that accepts input from BizTalk (XML file):
- Here I make a web service accept a number and return their sum
- Consume that web service to Orchestration (Add web reference)
- Pass value from XML Receive port to WS
- Invoke Web service by using web port and get output
- Sending output by XML send port
I make an assumption that you know how to:
- Make a web service
- Add web references on BTS
- Basic Schema generation
- Property promotion on schema
- Schema Mapping
Using the Code
Web Service Output to Out XML Mapping
Add configuration port and on port, type select web service port type. It will automatically create an appropriate request and response port.
Here you need to assign input message value to Web service request message.
Points of Interest
Initially promoted field was not coming on Expression shape. To solve this, I give full name like
- 24th October, 2007: Initial post
This is one of my very first articles, so if you find some pitfalls please send me email at email@example.com.
Himanshu Thawait is from Pune INDIA, He is Currently Working with iGate Americas Inc. As a Technical Lead
Himanshu has more than 9+ yrs of experience in the IT industry working on Microsoft Technologies. He is involved in various project activities like designing the system and technical architecture,leading technical front and doing core development.He also has strong knowledge of Enterprise Business Application Domain.
Technical experience :C#, ASP.NET, WCF and Webservices, Biztalk 2010/2009/2006R2 with EDI(HIPPA).