<!-- Download Links -->
<!-- Add the rest of your HTML here -->
Have you ever wanted to turn a .ASCX file into a distributable control?
This program generates the source code for an .ASCX file so that you can
compile it without having to distribute the .ASCX file. It comes close to
simulating how the Page.LoadControl ("asdf.ascx") works.
- Compiler directives are ignored so registering controls other
than asp controls (asp: namespace) must be done manually. You
may have to do some editing on the output to suit your needs
(such as code-behind class, etc).
- List properties are not loaded properly. For example, the property
Font-Names on a label control is actually a string list (
The parser can't tell if a property is a list because it can't
always do reflection on the type (any ideas how to fix this?).
- Add a VB.NET output, currently the output is only written for C#.
- Make it a Visual Studio Add-In.
- Recognise compiler directives.
If you like it, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you make any changes or additions, please send them to me at the above email address.
Copyright and License
This is freeware to do with as you see fit. The author accepts no responsibility for any damage or data loss
caused by this program.