<!-- Add the rest of your HTML here -->
The default bitmap provided by the “splash screen component” included with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
is a 16 color bitmap. Although the Visual C++ resource editor is capable of displaying images
with up to 256 colors, any new bitmap created with Visual C++ 6.0 defaults to 16 colors.
To display a high-color splash screen follow these steps
- Insert a splash screen component to the project using “Components and Controls Gallery”.
- Open the bitmap associated with the splash screen in resource editor, and note the image file name.
- Using an image editor like MS Paint edit the image file and save it with the required color depth.
- Now the splash screen will display your image with a color depth of more than 16 colors.
- As the bitmap editor included with Visual C++ versions 6.0 and earlier,
is not capable of displaying images with more than 256 colors,
you will need to use external image editor for all further editing of this bitmap