Needing a flexible slider control, I looked on CodeProject and found aeropriest Skin based slider control ( aeropriest's Article). As is often the case, the ideas where very good but the code contained a few bugs. I downloaded the code, fixed a few problems and here is the result.
The main changes are:-
- Slider follows mouse when dragged correctly.
- Slider is redrawn correctly.
- Slider changes bitmap when dragged.
- Back ground can be drawn dynamically.
- Back ground can be centered/stretched to correct size.
- Code tidied up.
For usage and other information see the original article. (aeropriest's article)
- Fixed a small bug with the bitmap's color depth
- Changed the second sliders color to make it more obvious what is going on
- Tidied zip file
- Added tooltips when dragging slider
- Rewrote drawing code
- Added vertical sliders
- Reduced flickering
I don't plan any more changes to this article.