CodezBank is just a small application that stores source code snippets organized in a hierarchical manner with basic search ability. You just copy and paste the code snippet into or from this application via the Clipboard. If you have a bag of coding tricks, then you want to keep them in this app.
Every time I work on some project, I always find myself digging through books and my old files to see how I did one or another piece of code. Although it works, it usually requires a lot of time. Sites like CodeProject keeps code always available, but if I am offline or on a remote location without the connectivity, then I have always wanted a small application that keeps the code snippets organized and handy.
Points of Interest
This application is a medium to advanced MFC project that covers advanced usage of libraries provided by Microsoft.
- Storing data in a binary tree.
- SDI Explorer like interface with multiple views in the right pane (Color syntax and List view).
- Colored syntax editor.
- Tree drag drop that rearranges the data in the binary tree.
- Usage of Regular Expressions provided by the vbscript.dll
Version 184.108.40.206 - 4/7/08:
Version 220.127.116.11 - 4/22/08:
- Fixed undo bug in the code editor. Thanks to ndrsoft for pointing out a solution.
18.104.22.168 - 6/30/08:
- Added more C++/C keywords as was suggested by the readers.
- Changed tool bar to have a 256 color bitmap instead of 16 color.
- Added documentation panel to the Source view. You can put all the explanation down there instead of comments so the code looks cleaner for the eye. I found it useful to paste there the whole MSDN or other documentation page(s) and links. Then, you will have the whole shebang in one tree node.
Syntax editor very limited as far as undo actions. (I am figuring this out. If anyone knows how to fix that, drop me a note) So do not Ctrl+Z, it won't work. Fixed.
- Syntax editor currently highlights a subset of C and C++ keywords. I will add VB and C# later.