This article demonstrates how to create a Full Winform Application in C# for Visually Designing Cards using Images, Text, Lines and Shapes. Please note that this is not an example to show GDI+ capabilities, I am writing another sample for a full GDI+ based Vector Graphic Designing Winform Application with the same Idea.
What this example is about?
- It contains features required in a commercial application like, File Saving (Serialization) and Retrieving
- Associating file extension with your application so that user can dblclick .kds file and it will launch the card designer and open the selected file
- User can drag .kds file on KCards.Exe (application) Icon on desktop and it will open up the file like Word and other apps do
- Property Pages and Color Palettes
- Editing Features like Bring to Front, Send to Back and Duplicate, Resizing, Moving
- Some features like copy/paste/print, etc. are not working, I left them for you to write.
This sample demonstrates the idea of features involved in creating a visual designer application in C# Winforms from scratch.
It begins with creating classes for your drawing shapes, UserCanvas, Multiple Canvas Windows management and ends up with serialization into files.
I started programming for fun when I was in Higher Secondary (1995). It was a table writing program in C..haah!! those were the best days of my life
But now it has brought me to no. of jobs in roles of developer, Lead, Architect, Coach and Consultant....
.Net c# is my passion specially when it comes to build api and frameworks to facilitates development teams....
I always learned things by example, now its a pleasure and responsiblity to give learnings back to next generation of coders.