This is a WinForms component that displays a notification window in the lower right part of the screen. Just like the Outlook new mail notification.
There are many possibilities to customize the appearance of the notification window:
- scroll and/or fade window in and out
- configure the animation speed and the time the window is displayed
- display a custom icon
- set title and content text, font, size, and color
- set all paddings around icon, title and content
- optionally display a close button
- optionally display a button which opens a context menu
This control is based on the CodeProject article An Office 2003-like popup notifier by Nicolas Wälti.
I fixed a lot of bugs in the original control and added even more properties for customizing the appearance of the notification window.
Using the code
Using the notification window component is very simple. Just add a reference to "NotificationWindow.dll" to your WinForms
project. A new component " will appear in the toolbox. Then drag this component to an existing form.
To show the notification, simply call the "
Popup" method. However, normally you want to set some properties first to customize the appearance of the notification window.
popupNotifier1.TitleText = "This is the notification title";
popupNotifier1.ContentText = "This is the notification text";
Take a look at the demo project which shows the usage of most properties!