This article will help you to submit a webpage (asp, aspx, etc.) file from
Using the Code
The below steps need to be followed to customize the CRM Dynamics Account form.
- Select the form to customize and submit the webpage. This can be done by stepping through Settings->Customization->Account->Forms and Views-> Form.
- Add the IFrame to the form.
- Select the IFrame and click Change Properties.
- Enter the name and URL of the IFrame. URL is the path of the file where the webpage resides, e.g.:
- Check “Pass Object type****” if you would like to pass the form ObjectId as a parameter to the webpage.
The form ObjectId is nothing but
the AccountId of the Account entity which is selected from then Accounts screen.
- Now select Form Properties and select the Events tab (by default this tab will be shown).
- On opening the new window select the “Event is enabled” checkbox. This will enable the CRM form to execute the
var iframe = document.getElementById('IFRAME_AddressList');
var iframeDoc = iframe.Document;
var iframeForm = iframeDoc.getElementById('frmAddress');
iframeForm.target = '_self';
iframeForm.method = 'post';
iframeForm.action ='http://localhost:5555/sample.aspx? Id='+crmForm.ObjectId;
IFRAME_AddressList is the name of the
frmAddress is the form name in the ASPX page. Since the submission is to the same page the target is “
crmForm.ObjectId is passed as a query string to get the AccountID in the
ASPX page. (Since we are overriding the CRM Dynamics form submission, the query string needs to be passed explicitly.)
- Save and Close the form at the top left corner of the Form.
- Now publish the form with the menu Actions->Publish.
I hope this article will help you to submit a webpage from the CRM Dynamics form.