I am using seven numerical tables to create this Mathematical Trick. I found the idea of this trick in my old papers but I don't remember from which book or magazine I read it before. I confess that my work is a translation of this idea to a VB6 program.
- Choose number from 1 to 100, keep it in your mind.
- I shall display (7) tables.
- Every table contains some numbers.
- Search for the number of your choice in every table.
- If you find it: Click (Yes) button.
- If not: Click (No) button.
- After displaying last table (number 7):
- I shall tell you your choice number!
Using the Code
The following code is an example to fill
MSFlexGrid with numbers:
Dim c As Integer
Dim r As Integer
Dim n As Integer
Dim T As Integer
T = 1
For r = 0 To 4
For c = 0 To 9
.TextMatrix(r, c) = Str(T)
T = T + 2
Please refer to the source code (
Sub FillTab) to see how I fill the grid with numbers seven times.
You can find the source code when you extract the file SourceFile.zip and you can find the *.exe when you extract the file ExeFile.zip.
I hope that you enjoy this trick. If anybody knows the exposition of this trick, please let us know.
- 9th September, 2008: Initial post
- 15th September, 2008: Source and demo updated