Tom and Jim invite the CodeProject community to help them select the subject of their next CodeProject article. They discuss this proposition (among other things) in their first PodCast.
Tom and Jim Podcast #1
- Possibly we could write an article on one of the 'W' frameworks: WPF, WCF or WF.
- The article definitely won't be what Anders would write, but it will have a viewpoint of an experienced developer handling the confusion of using a new technology.
- There are other technologies we could look at: Adobe Air, Ruby on Rails or even the new development environment for the Apple iPhone.
- Maybe we should take Joel's advice and learn C?
- Software development gotchas are sometimes like an Indiana Jones booby trap.
- A hardware profile idea that could be used to predict and report code performance before it even runs.
- On development tools for the best developers in the world vs. the rest of us.
- The best way to avoid negative feedback from users.
- Home-grown software development advances vs. infrastructure enhancements.
- C Flashbacks: K&R is a 274 page book and will take more than 2 hours to master.
- The SuperKid scenario: taking on Web development, of course, he would build a social application.
- Evaluating Ruby on Rails vs. ASP.net vs. SilverLight...
- Everybody's object-oriented...
- Tom wants a certain kind of app to 'win'...
- Keeping it managed vs conceding interop...
- What level of OOP mastery is really necessary...
- Tom's appalling sort/search solution...
- Coveting the 'AI' nugget...
- One Visual Studio to rule them all.
- Tom and Jim judged unfit by the Java developer...
- Shaking the test-driven trees...
- Ironman and your favorite productivity tool.
- iTunes movie experience.
- More internet beer for Chris Maunder?
- 6th December, 2006: Initial post