Although Windows Mobile is rather an old mobile platform, it is still being widely used. Why would anybody still be using Windows Mobile platform when we already have iOS for instance?
Indeed, Windows Mobile is an older platform but it still has much to offer. In my own experience iOS is suitable for consumers – people who want to browse internet, play games, entertain themselves on social media websites etc. When it comes to business, iPhones often lack the demanded functionality. They do not have barcode or RFID scanners and they cannot sustain any heat, pressure, dust or water. Why don’t we just combine the functionality of Windows Mobile devices with user experience of iPhones?
Resco MobileForms Toolkit can not only bring functionality but also a user-friendly interface with intuitive navigation. Our survey of 2,450 corporate developers that are using MobileForms Toolkit revealed that on average it saves 45% of time needed for Windows Mobile development.
What is new?
We have created a sample application with use of new features of MobileForms Toolkit. You can download the trial version and try it on your own.
- new visualization capabilities
- much smoother scrolling and animations
- less lags and screen is not blinking when it is rendered or drew
- alias rounded corners
- background filling
- border thickness
To see how Resco developers got the app down to the fine art, download either the source code or application below:
You Will Need
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK (or later) which you can download here.
- Resco MobileForms Toolkit 2012 Windows Mobile Edition which you can download here.
- Any WM device (or emulator)
We have used following Resco libraries in the project:
- Resco UIElements for .NET CF
- Resco Core for .NET CF
- Resco MessageBox for .NET CF
- Resco KeyboardPro for .NET CF
Elements that have been used in our application:
- UIElementPanelControl – this control is a core of our application. All of UIElements components have to be placed on this panel.
- UIGridPanel – this panel aligns elements automatically to the predefined rows and columns. It offers smooth scrolling of whole elements. The UIGridPanel is bound through the DataSource to the data object. Other elements that are placed on the UIGridPanel, are bound through the DataBindings.
- UIButton –the BackgroundImage was set. Icons are interactive and transparent to the BackgroundImage.
- UITextBox – textbox with a default hint displayed.
UIOptionView (OptionLabel, OptionCheckBox, OptionPage, OptionSwitchButton, OptionRadioBox)
Then we have used other Resco elements (UILabel, UICheckBox, UIColorPicker, UIComboBox, UIDateTimePicker, UINumericUpDown)
Controls, components and libraries that will help you rapidly speed up the development process. Thousands of corporate mobile developers are using this product and their feedback is used to ensure its quality. MobileForms Toolkit is a must-have tool if you want to create user-friendly interface and manage various objects such as:
- Grid, list, pick list, tree, chart, image, audio, data, keyboards
- Button, toolbar, tabs, shortcuts, scrollbar, various input boxes
- Month/week scheduling, date/time pickers, call history, GPS, maps and many more!
More info: http://www.resco.net/developer/mobileformstoolkit
Read our blog http://www.blog.resco.net