1. What does your application (or extension) do? What business problem does it solve?
Apartment Management Software with Society Accounting, Facility Management & Communication - all online! - A One-stop Portal for Owners, Tenants & Management Office. An effective tool to manage the day to day workings of an Association - features includes : Manage Users, Admin Files, Asset & Inventory Tracker, HelpDesk Tracker, Maintenance Contacts, Admin Reports, Notice Manager , Events & Facility Booking, Visitor & Staff Attendance Tracker, Move In/Out Tracker
2. How many screens and entities does this application have?
Currently there are 30 Screens, 15 Entities.
1. Did LightSwitch save your business money? How?
Yes, Light Switch definitely saves money for any company as the development time frame is very low to build a world class applications and built in code, access control security and easy to Host with Windows azure.
2. Would this application still be built if you didn’t have LightSwitch? If yes, with what?
No, I may not develop the system due to more development time constraints with other languages and packages.
3. How many users does this application support?
Currently 250 Owners/ Tenants are using the system for reports and updates. It supports as much as required depends on Hosting Infrastructure. Hosted at Windows Azure Platform.
4. How long did this application take to actually build using Light Switch?
Max 15 Hrs in 3 Working days.
5. Does this application use any LightSwitch extensions? If so, which ones? Did you write any of these extensions yourself? If so, is it available to the public? Where?
Yes, I used many Microsoft Released extensions and Other Third party extensions.
Microsoft Released extensions
- Light Switch Utilities
- Light Switch Filter Control
- Bing Map Control
- Microsoft light Switch Extensions.
Third party extensions.
- Component One - C1 Rich Text editor
- DevExpress - Xtra Reports
- Telerik - Scheduler
6. How did Light Switch make your developer life better? Was it faster to build compared to other options you considered?
Microsoft Light switch always makes developers life easy when compare to any other softwares. It is faster to build any applications without in depth knowledge. Light switch is almost a plug play for hosting with Azure. It covers all the development life cycle. Any Basic user can build Light Switch Applications with a little knowledge of Development.