Airplane War is a basic flight simulator designed in C# and directx 9 which was one of the first games ever released after DirectX9. Its main purpose was to allow new developers to learn how to code in C# and managed DirectX but it can become a serious flight simulator for gamers.
Version 0.2 includes new enhancements from the first release:
- Improved game physics.
- Improved DirectInput, now it supports keyboard, joystick, keypad and mouse.
- Added DirectPlay to allow playing on network.
- Recoded to make it clearer.
- Airplane now follows the landscape.
If you want to help in future releases, specially graphics and 3d designers but also developers are needed. You are more than welcome to join. Just go to: www.sourceforge.net/projects/airplanewar and drop me a message.
Things still to do
- Add sound (anyone willing to look for sound libraries and some cool effects?)
- Add friction when landing.
- Add collision detection between airplanes.
- Add network shooting.
As I said, anyone is more than welcome to help finish the game.
0 to turn off engine.
1 to 9 to turn on and full speed engine.
space bar to shoot.
Arrow keys to move around.
Just play around with it, standard controls.
Version 0.1 (December 21st, 2002):
- First version released and first game released using directx 9 managed code.
- Written in less than 24 long hours.