More than thousands of web sites are selling this kind of web based calendar controls. Have a look at this HTML component. Feel free to use/modify if you want, in your development. Please get back to me if you want to add any special features that you like.
This web based calendar control is fully written as an HTC component by using HTML and DHTML.
To learn about HTC please visit:
- Fully functional at client side (pure thin client) and no round trips to the server.
- Reusable HTC component. So it takes all the advantages of HTC.
- Navigation controls to navigate day, week, month, year are implemented in this HTC component.
- Look and feel UI for picking date.
- All controls are created at run time and optimized for speed.
- Full "interactive help" like tool tips, descriptions provided.
At present, only IE 5.0 or later browsers support this HTC technology. Microsoft is still waiting for World Wide Web Consortium adoption. So, to successfully deploy this control on a web site, a browser detection routine is required to ensure the user is running a version of IE 5.0 or later, before launching the components.
This control pack contains the following 4 files.
Core component, contains all business logic implemented by myself.
HTML page will be displayed in a dialog box and it has one instance of the above Calendar.htc component.
Sample web page using this calendar control.
Image to be rendered on calendar button of the sample web page.