More than thousands of web sites are selling this kind of web based calendar controls. Have a look at this HTML component. Feel free to use/modify if you want, in your development. Please get back to me if you want to add any special features that you like.
This web based calendar control is fully written as an HTC component by using HTML and DHTML.
To learn about HTC please visit:
- Fully functional at client side (pure thin client) and no round trips to the server.
- Reusable HTC component. So it takes all the advantages of HTC.
- Navigation controls to navigate day, week, month, year are implemented in this HTC component.
- Look and feel UI for picking date.
- All controls are created at run time and optimized for speed.
- Full "interactive help" like tool tips, descriptions provided.
At present, only IE 5.0 or later browsers support this HTC technology. Microsoft is still waiting for World Wide Web Consortium adoption. So, to successfully deploy this control on a web site, a browser detection routine is required to ensure the user is running a version of IE 5.0 or later, before launching the components.
This control pack contains the following 4 files.
Core component, contains all business logic implemented by myself.
HTML page will be displayed in a dialog box and it has one instance of the above Calendar.htc component.
Sample web page using this calendar control.
Image to be rendered on calendar button of the sample web page.
Venkat Nataraj works as a Technical Consultant for GE Healthcare, USA. Earlier, he worked as a Software Tech Lead for Dell Inc, System Analyst for Satyam Computer Services and Software Engineering Consultant for GE Power Systems, Bently Nevada. He is an MCSD.NET early achiever. He has been working in the last 11+ years in software design and development of leading-edge business solutions with various development tools, technologies, platforms, and architectures. Here is the latest certifications by him:
• General Electric (GE) Certified GE Green Belt in Six Sigma
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
• Microsoft Certified Application Developer for Microsoft .NET (MCAD.NET)
• Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for Microsoft .NET (MCSD.NET)
• MCSD.NET Early achiever
• Brainbench Certified Visual C++ programmer
• Computer Society of India (CSI) awarded first place in the inter-college Computer Quiz Competition
• Computer Society of India (CSI) awarded first place in the inter-college Software Contest
• Received “Process Innovation” award from Dell Inc
He spends his free time with music, watching hollywood movies and Sujatha's stories. His favorite musician is Ilayaraja. Bringing real music to his soul and heart. Hariharan is his most favorite singer.