Traditional "HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" is used to only computerize the Front Office Management of Hospital to develop software which is user friendly, simple, fast, and cost – effective. It deals with the collection of patient’s information, diagnosis details, etc.The main function of these traditional systems is to register and store patient details and doctor details and retrieve these details as and when required by the management, and also to manipulate these details meaningfully. System input contains patient details, diagnosis details; while system output is to get these details on to the monitor.
But I want to design an AHMS (Advanced Hospital Management System); which will help not only computerize the front office management work, will also computerized nearly all type of works of the hospital (there are some exceptions also as some jobs like operations). Along with that, my second primary objective is to almost demolish the need of paper in the hospital.
The list of some main features of AHMS are:
- Computerize almost all of the jobs in hospital.
- Demolish the use of paper in day-to-day work (e.g. Use in pharmacy and lab, or use by doctors).
- User Ids and password will be provided to all employees.
- Communicating (e-mailing) facility will be provided (so that doctors can communicate with other doctors or employees.
- Receptionist must enter the details of each patient and ODP taking treatment, but not restrict any emergency patient or person with them for this purpose. To maintain a consistency in database, the
details of emergency's patients must be filled or entered by the doctor after operating the patient.
Hospital Management system includes registration of patients, storing their details into the system, and also computerized billing in the pharmacy, and labs. The system has the facility to give a unique id for every patient and stores the details of every patient and the staff automatically. User can search availability of a doctor and the details of a patient using the id. The Hospital Management System can be entered using a username and password. It is accessible either by an administrator or receptionist. Only they can add data into the database. (But in AHMS, each employee will be able to log-in and update the database; and specific rights will be provided depending upon their roles, example doctor, receptionist, etc.) The data can be retrieved easily.
Using the Code
As there are many HMSs in the market, I'm searching for and planning to buy a good source code of a HMS so that I can concentrate on developing all new featured modules which I want to implement in the current HMSs; and don't need to start from starch as starting from scratch can affect the effectiveness of new feature.
Therefore, I buy the source code of a HMS and then modify it to my requirements and integrate it to the new modules.
Points of Interest
- The messaging service also allows doctors to discuss the cases with their seniors or with experts via e-mail.
- Due to paperless working, all the files are maintained and saved in digital formats. Therefore files can be maintained for a long time and less amount of time is needed for searching a particular file or record.
- The paper memos or letterheads will be maintained in digital format and the only use of paper is when a letterhead is to be sent out of the hospital (like lab reports, some types of bills, pharmacy slips, etc.)
Use of Sensors
- GPS: Used to update location details of a doctor
- NFC: Used to maintain and update attendance table using a NFC smartcard
- Users are welcome to suggest some more ideas regarding the usefulness of the sensors in this app
- Second version: Information regarding use of sensors is added
- First version: Described the basic idea of the app