Problem: Sharing books (hardcopy), Having a collection of books to be managed without missing any, this may include hard to find out of print ones and some might have been received as gifts or for reviews.
Present Scenario - Needs/Goals/Tasks:
No repository of Names (books)
Difficult to recollect Borrower's Name due to big friend circle
No duration check
No status check about availability when needed
No track of Lost/Missing books
Expensive and time consuming excercise to search and buy new one
Category -Technical, Management
There are many solutions to tackle this problem.
1.Tracking on a sheet of paper with -SR.No, UID, Book Name, Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name, Category - Technical, Management taken care in UID - Unique Identifier.
2.Tracking by using Simple Excel sheet/doc/Text -SR.No, UID, Book Name, Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name.
3.Generating unique bar code/QR Code for each book.
Sticking print outs of QR Code/NFC tags on books
Using NFC-Near Field Communication feature of Intel Ultrabook for sharing (lending, borrowing) and tracking books.
Database/App design using fields - SR.No, UID, Book Name, Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name
Sending Alerts, and Requests in the form of email to identify availability of books though App.
4.Making a Dashboard with Watchlist having info - SR.No, UID, Book Name, Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name.
5.Using existing Social networking site like Facebook, using Facebook API for automation with SR.No, UID, Book Name,
Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name fields.
6. Keeping track of books in Oulook/email client calendar.
7. Keeping track of books by drawing on a clean Wall of your room.
8. Email To: < Borrower's name> CC: Self with Acknowledgement Subject: Book Name with Date time stamp.
9. Having Tokens with Book Names and keeping track of the same while lending and borrowing books.
10. Using RFID tags on books with SR.No, UID, Book Name, Availability, Issued Date, Friend's Name, and having readers or Mobile based hardware for reading those tags.
11. Having pinterest type site for displaying, tracking, lending, borrowing books.
This Project uses Storyboarding tool of VS 2012 has been used to depict various screens of the Ultrabook Windows 8 App, Since Ultrabook is loaded with NFC reader too and other hardware necessary for proper functioning of the App with Windows 8, this would be a best platform to showcase features of Intel Ultrabook.Prototype- http://fldt.st/9zk44o
Points of Interest
Screenshots of the App for UI and coding in VS 2012 are presented.