UltraBook isn't a cheap laptop , Would you ever dream of losing your ultrabook and your precious data or someone browsing your private data in your ultrabook , never . So , if you want to protect your ultrabook and as well as your private data then this app is for you.
This is a metro app and Desktop app ( is also being developed ) that protects your ultrabook by using the features of ultrabook . This app has following features
- It takes the picture from the front facing whenever wrong password is entered and sends the picture to email of the administrator.(user has option to take picture when wrong or correct password is entered)
- It stores the GPS location of user and has option for keeping two password 1. For home - text password and 2. For other areas - image password . So whenever user takes his ultrabook outside his home , then this app locks ultrabook and prompts user to type password . Remember this app has feature it will show to type text password ibut actual password is clicking certain area of image . If someone other than user tries to open ultrabook will certainly fail .
- Suppose user has left his ultrabook somewhere outside home area then the ultrabook automatically send the GPS data to user's email id.
- If user has left his ultrabook somewhere and forgets where he has left, he can simply send message "Find me" to ultrabook via email , so whoever opens the ultrabook the message displaying user address will be shown
- User has data backup option like :-
- IF Wrong password is entered for 10 times then this app will delete every data in ultrabook
- it automatically stores backup(folder and type of files need to be selected )in dropbox .
- when ultrabook is in different place other than users working place and someone other than user tries to open then it automatically starts storing files (text file or type of file selected for example .pptx , .docx , .jpg ) in mediafire and sends the GPS location data aswellas the mediafire download links to administrator's or user's email address . (Mediafire is free cloud storage site and allows anyone to upload maximum of 200 MB of storage without registering)
* i want to put this app under " Productivity " section of Windows 8
("desktop") apps .
This app uses the goodness of ultrabook i.e front camera , GPS ,
touchscreen. Also the windows 8 metro style features which is quite user friendly to make user understandable .
Windows metro App will help user to maintain the settings easily like
- Selecting Home areas (as mentioned above) - ultrabook stores the GPS location of home areas . This feature helps ultrabook to work different in different areas .
- For selecting Folders and type of files for backup purpose And also for selecting when and where to start it .
- Option for taking pictures from front camera .
Many of my friend have suggested me to develop this app for desktop version too (many are finding easy to use this app as desktop app) , so i am also developing for desktop version . And i came to know that intel AppUp
store is only accepting desktop apps . And i really want my app in intel AppUp
Feature mentioned above will remain same for desktop app .
- Front Camera
- Smart Connectivity
Using the code
App Under development .
And The code for this app will not be open source . As this app itself is a security app .
I am also developing desktop app as intel app store is only accepting desktop apps and i want to put this app under " Productivity " section of Windows 8 ("desktop") apps .
Points of Interest
I am actually a poor guy, and i love the way technology change our life , so when i knew about this contest at the end of september and i was eager to create a app for ultrabook since then i am creating it . I am a electronics student and love to code to code and i am C , C++ , visual basic programmer since school days now i get a chance to implement it .
This app is made for ultrabook , and it is being tested on a simulator not on real ultrabook , if i win the first round of the contest , i get chance to have one of those ultrabook and i am quite sure there will bugs on real machine , so i will have to update it !