This article is about creating application for ultra book that provides reminder capabilities based on user context. With the help of this app, user will be able to set reminders in the map location/timely basis and whenever user will be present at the appropriate location/time(with help of geolocation), the particular reminder will flash with help of some tone/vibration/message.
Thus this app will give user capability to
- Add a reminder for your tasks [while you are on the way].
- Remind user of the task based on context. (Location-specific)
[Example during meeting- with a vibration/small pop up about medicine time]
- Touch based location selection and tagging.
Some situation where this app will be useful
- On a trip planning, user may tag places along with TO-DO list at the mentioned places. This will help in preserving memories during trip.
- During a day we have lot of work and often forget the things that are necessary like bill submission, getting some crockery/medicine/vegetable thereby having the need to visit the places again. This app will help in saving time and energy.
*As this app is not fully functional only snippet of source code is mentioned along with this article.
The usual reminder services that we have in our phones are normally time based reminders i.e. based on occurrence of time (ex. at 14:30 hours remind me of a meeting), but are not context aware. For example, remind me when I pass by ATM machine to withdraw money followed by purchase of some vegetable back home or while I am going to office tomorrow remind me to take some documents from person X followed by giving it to person Y, taking sweets on my b'day from nearest sweet shop etc.
Using the code
Geoposition pos = await geolocator.GetGeopositionAsync().AsTask(token);
if(contextReminderLatitude.contains(pos.Coordinate.Latitude.ToString()) && contextReminderLongitude.contains(pos.Coordinate.Longitude.ToString()))
Points of Interest
- Learning Location based awareness.
- Using touch API