Download source files - 18 Kb
Download the add-in - 13 Kb
Project Explorer is an add-in to Microsoft Developer Studio. It has been tested with Version VC++ 6 and Service Pack 3.
It adds the ability to launch windows explorer in the directory of the currently
active project. Although only a very simple ability, it is one that is very handy and I use all the time.
This Add-In is provided free to individuals (corporate users require a licence, and should email me on the address below). If you decide to keep it, I would appreciate a simple email telling me you are using it and if you find it useful.
Please send bug reports and suggestions to . Latest version available at http://www.wickman.net/shareware/ShareFreeSoft.htm
Disclaimer: This software is provided as-is and with no implied warranty of any kind.
Please donot place any blame on me if it does something untoward to your system.
- Copy all ProjectExplorer.* files to the add-ins folder of Developer Studio:
C:\Program Files\DevStudio\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\AddIns
- In Developer Studio, go to the "Tools" menu and select
- Go to the "Add-ins and Macro Files" tab (the last one). Mark the
checkbox next to "ProjectExplorer" as checked, and click "Close".
- Developer Studio adds a new toolbar with the ProjectExplorer button.
You can move this button to another toolbar by pressing the Alt key
while dragging the button.
To deactivate ProjectExplorer, perform steps 2-3, but uncheck the checkbox next
To completely uninstall ProjectExplorer:
- Exit Developer Studio.
- Delete all ProjectExplorer.* files from your Developer Studio add-ins folder.
Click the "ProjectExplorer" button to launch windows explorer in the your current project directory.