This is possibly related to the issue reported immediately above?
- I have a task, recurring monthly, that on completion creates a new task based on the due date.
- I complete it.
- The task is crossed off as expected.
- A new task is created as expected, except:
- The dates do not appear in the grid. They do appear in the edit boxes below.
- The dates are correct, as calculated.
- If you edit the dates, they then appear in the grid
- If you check out and then back in again, they also appear in the grid.
The first thing that I would like to say is Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for a wonderful piece of software called ToDoList.
About 8 week ago I discovered a program called GTD. Getting Things Done by David Allan. Up to that time I would constantly be making to do lists just like the humour of Wordermark. I would have to do list for everything and I would have a large number of them all over the place. The number of little yellow post it notes that I had was amazing (I should have bought shares in Post-It-Notes). Once I understood what David was trying to say I realized that I need to consolidate all my to do list in one place. Some place where I could hold all my information and then be able to find it really fast. So my search began for a program that could help me out. That was when I discovered your wonderful program.
I’m not a young person and over the years of working in a full time job, there has been a lot of things that I’ve wanted accomplish but wasn’t able to, so this meant that my to do lists just keep getting longer and longer.
There are so many good features about your program that I like but I don’t have enough time to mention them all. I would like you to know that I do feel a lot better now that I have a completely clean desk top, not one yellow post it note in site( and I have a very large desk). In the past I would start an to do list and then not follow through with it but now you program is making me focus on that needs to be done because I don’t have any other place to look.
Where I’m having a problem is still with the information over load. Now that I’ve added so much to one place it has become a bit overwhelming just realizing that I do have a lot of things that I want to get done and that I will probably never get half of them done. I’m finding that just like before I have a lot of little to do list all over the place but now they are all in the same program and it is a lot easier to just tab to the next entry.
There are a couple of item you may be able to help me with, I’m sure that they are already in the program and I just can’t find them.
1. I find that when I do a search in the search box in the toolbar, it finds all the items in the task
list and in the comments.
- It would be nice to have the search highlight in yellow all the search items that It finds in
both areas. This would be a lot faster
2. A way to search for a group of words, phrases, or to be able to take a word out.
Note: I just tried it again and I got the “quote marks to work “
3. After adding half of the things I want to add.
I’m finding that it is starting to take a lot longer to load all the date at start up.
- My file size is only 19,015KB I’m not sure if I have a problem or not, I’m still using version 6.6
- As the program is loading a dialog box pops up that says.
- Server Busy “This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
Choose ‘Switch To` to activate the busy program and correct the problem”.
- If I press Retry twice your program continues to run.
- If I press Switch to.
It brings up the start menu and highlights the bottom search box. It is not showing a
- I’ve also do this with no other programs running in windows task manager.
This problem seemed to start when I invariantly loaded ToDoList when it was already running.
Now that I have half of my ToDoList entered, I’m going to really try to start getting things done.
Remembering that life is still a work in progress but now I feel so much better that your program has
given me a little bit of control back. Thanks Again…. Tamroy
TaskC(greyed out / disabled)
TaskC (the normal editable TaskC)
Is this possible? I think it will make the program more intuitive, as the dependency relationship will be more visible.
And more usable as we will not need to jump around the task list to go through the dependencies.
Note that the Task C child is not visible / reflected in the greyed out copies.
an aside, if it is easy, can you tell me off hand where are the comparison logic for the due task comparison, I'll try roll a version of the due task by now function. I've tried changing TODOITEM::IsDue() but it doesn't seems to be all that is needed.
I'll be busy for the next 3 days so I will probably only be able to reply come Monday.
6.7 will contain task references, a bit like program shortcuts, which will allow you to create references to tasks as often and wherever you like. They will be displayed with the Windows 'shortcut arrow' and you will be able to edit the referenced task through them. And, yes, creating a reference to a task with children will not display the children, unless you create references to the children explicitly.
can you tell me off hand where are the comparison logic for the due task comparison
There are a few functions that might be affected, including:
This will still display [...] so if you also want to remove that you'll need to select the preference to display only the first line of the comments and then put a newline as the first line of your comments.