In working, we often need to count how many lines our programmers have developed, including source code lines, comment lines and blank lines. This software, Counting ver1.1, is designed for that purpose. At first, I developed it to count my VC++ source code. Later, it was upgraded to count files such as VB, Java, ASP, JSP and so on. By comparison, I found Counting is more quick and more accurate, especially for some unfamiliar instances.
- Accurate: This function is absolutely necessary for any line-counting software. For that purpose, I created one test file (test.cpp), in which I designed some reasonable code lines but can be easily wrong counted. Counting (ver1.1) can count lines in test.cpp accurately.
- More quick: Due to proper process and good algorithms, Counting can count lines very quickly.
- Easy to use: Counting is easy to use and doesn’t need to be installed.
How to use?
- Input file name or extension in the “file or extension” (like .cpp;*.c;*.h or counting.cpp; setting.c; resource.h), separated by “: , :”. Click the combo box and you can select some extensions.
- Input path in the “searching in” combo box.
- You can select whether to count in subfolder.
- Click “Count” button to begin counting, click again to stop counting.
- You can click “Save” button to save the counting result to a text file, Excel file or CSV file.
- Double click the control list to open the file.
- If code and comment lie on the same line, you can select different method to count in Setting dialog box.
Statement of the Author:
This software is an open source. You can use it freely but don't remove any declaration about the author. Please let me know of any problems or improvements. Also you can download the latest version on my personal homepage. Thanks and good luck. My Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.