My name is Jason Sweet, and I am 33 years old living in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA. I'm wanting to enter the contest to try to raise revenue for medical condition I'm trying to take care of. Here is an idea I have that I think would do good for an All-In-One application:
HealthNet - For the Healthcare Category
The HealthNet program would be an all-in-one easy to use platform allowing separate hospitals, clinics, and dental offices to talk and communicate with each other handing them the ability to serve patient records in a secure manner in a intranet similar to an ATM network. This would be useful because a lot of hospital records become lost or misplaced leading to complications between providers not having accurate information between patients, especially during emergency situations where patient records are most needed, thus this would provide a sufficient and economical way to retrieve patient records on demand.
This is a brand new idea, but would connect all providers together in a single standard network where there could be a central server accessible to the healthcare providers so they can retrieve patient records, or send patient records to another hospital in real time as needed during emergency, or if perhaps the patients relocate to another location.
Using the code
We would be creating a brand new interpreted language called Sapphire which would operate as an ASM assembler language to handle faster processing than normal .NET from the user interface.
We can give it several modes it can run in but give each mode a privileged level for access such as:
- Ambulance Mode - Let's emergency responders take pictures of patients and send vital stats to ER. The system could retrieve patient records automatically and have them on standby at the ER. Everything could be sent to the hospital in about 5-10 seconds well before arrival to the hospital. Stats could be sent back to ambulance for an all clear, a standby for further instructions, or to receive information about allergens related to the patient.
- ER Mode - Allows ER's to view info on incoming patients and prepare for their arrival.
- Doctor Mode - Allows the doctors to see a list of their patients waiting for service\reason for visit.
- Hospital Admin - Can view which doctors have which patients & can assign patients to doctors.
- Patient record mode - Allows Hospital Admins to request patient records from other hospitals.
Points of Interest
I have 15 years programming experience and could definitely make a dynamic application where the same code works for all users. We can assign an alphanumeric code to each provider along with a password they can set up to sign into the system, and make request to retrieve patient records from other providers in real time. The other providers would have to OK it. The system could be advanced enough to even know which providers have which patient records if the provider for a patient is unknown. The main focus would be patient records being available to all providers in real time with the approval of the providers who have the actual records. There could also be a central database server acting as a backup where the providers could store and retrieve their data files to their own local servers at the hospital and still remain in the same intranet.
It would be more secure than doing voice over electromagnetic waves that they currently use.
I have 15 years programming experience and have made everything from NES Nintendo games to complete ASP.net webpages. Creating this application for a network of providers would be an incredibly easy task. It would also be beneficial because a lot of time, patient records go missing. This would solve that problem.