In this article we will go through the initial planning steps of a Touch, Gestures & Geo-location enabled Property search application which will allow user to find properties in a city according to preferred matching criteria.
1. Core Feature: Application will read user's location using GPS and show the user properties for sale & rent from his nearby location, Property details will be displayed in Windows 8 Desktop UI along with title, property description, photo gallery, location in a map and agent contact details.
2. Area wise Properties: By selecting particular city area in 'Bing Maps' user can browse latest properties for sale/rental in that area.
4. User Interaction: User can quickly interact with the application to read and switch between various area-wise properties using
b. Touch screen
5. Social Features:
a. User can share the property details over various social networks
e.g. Google+, Facebook etc.
b. User can view properties shared by other friend user
c. Users will be able to login to the application using windows live, facebook, linkedin, google etc.
d. Users will be able to bookmark their shortlisted property
Technology & Architecture
The application architecture is as follows:
A. The windows application will call the WCF Service to get list of properties and display it in windows Metro UI.
The windows application look and feel UI will be developed using C#, XAML-WPF and SQL Lite.
B. On the server side there will be a database which will store the metadata information about properties in SQL database,
C. There will be a WCF service which will aggregate metadata from the SQL
database according to location & area and send it to client
whenever a WCF service call is initiated.
1. Property Details
- Property Type
- Transaction type - Sale, Rent(PG)
- Title - Auto generated
- Price - Total, Per square feet rate
- Location - City, Area, Locality, Exact location(latitude, longitude)
- Photos - Inside View, Locality
- Videos - Inside View, Locality
- Floor Plan
- Nearby Facilities
- Covered Area
- Carpet Area
- Floor number
- Total floors
- Sale Type - New property, Resale
- Property age(0 = under construction)
- Loan Possible
- Comments & Rating
2. Member Details
- Member Type - Agent, Individual, Builder
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone - Mobile, Landline
- Profile Picture
3. Project Details
- Project Name
- Floor Plans
- Rate sheet
- Photo, Video Gallery
- Site Address
- Area Range
- Price Range
- Construction year
Points of Interest
The technologies used to make this application are:
3. Windows SDK
7. Geolocation API
August 8, 2013: Initial Draft
August 15, 2013: Architecture, Use Cases & Database
I’m a .NET Developer working for a private IT firm, I love the creative software development process and each completed project causes me to be more daring and inspired to reach a new threshold in terms of design and development:
I have 3.5 years experience in professional application development using Microsoft Technologies. Implementation of object oriented N-tier scalable architecture.
Rich experience in all stages of SDLC including requirement gathering, designing & documenting architecture, detailed client-server, development, testing, and implementation.
Good knowledge of object-oriented concepts, design patterns and a fair understanding of component based architecture and database systems.
Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Quick learner and good performer both in team and independent job environments