The main feature of this application is that user can upload pictures which are captured at that place and share with friends too.
"Whatz There" is an application for Windows 8. You can find shops, hotels, theatres, museums and many more things, all by pointing the camera in whatever direction you want to go. And the main feature of this application is that user can also upload photos which are captured at that particular place, at the same time.
How It Was Born
I am Arpan Rank, studying in L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad. The idea of this application came due to one of my friends, who is fond of going to different places and is good in photography. This will enable him to upload photos of that place at that particular location immediately.
I decided to create it for Windows 8 because it is the upcoming major upgrade of Microsoft and using the sensors of Lenovo* ThinkPad Tablet.
- Uses a magenato metre (Compass) to find particular direction.
- Uses a camera to capture photos of that particular place and upload it at that location.
- Uses of GPS for finding location of user and that particular location where photos are to be uploaded.
Features Related to Lenovo* ThinkPad Tablet
- Touch Screen
How It Works?
- With the help of Campass of Lenovo* ThinkPad Tablet, I will get the exact direction of user.
- With the help of high megapixel front and back camera of Lenovo* ThinkPad Tablet helps user to capture good and high definition (HD) pictures.
Upload capture photos:
- This application allows you to upload photos of that particular place at that particular location.
- Also user can share photos of that place with his friends so that when he/she visits that location, he can see the captured photos.
- Here I have added more features that a user can share his photos of that place publicly or privately.
- I will also have the advantage of Lenovo® ThinkPad Tablet GPS sensor, which will provide location accurately.
Geolocator loc = new Geolocator();
loc.DesiredAccuracy = PositionAccuracy.High;
Geoposition pos = await loc.GetGeopositionAsync();
Very soon, I will start the development of an application for Intel AppUp Store. And the initial version of the application will be tested on Lenovo® ThinkPad Tablet. Can't wait any more for the application!