Whenever you want to code in any language like java,c,c++ or python you will be needing compilers or any other program that can compile and run that code.Being A coder guy or you always have to keep your laptop with you. What if you could just simply CODE in your mobile or in your tablet or any other mobile device ???!!!
Generally people like me who are coder have to keep their laptops always with them to run their programs. Also in classroom or in college we have to take our laptops with us. Mobile devices that do not have heavy installing capacity or installation support.
For Eg. My windows phone won't allow me to install a compiler to code in c++.
So I wondered what if these mobile devices could actually do that and there comes my idea in picture
Main Idea of App
My app will allow mobile device users(including mobile phones & tablets ) to create, edit compile and run his/her code in their tablets or mobile only.
User will need only internet connection to send his/her code on central server for compilation purpose and running purpose.
The way app will function this way:
- It will be installed in mobile device as a text editor in which user will write his/her code and provide the info that which language he/she is coding in
- App will take code to central server which will have all compiling facility and will compile and run the code and will simply return o/p or generated error.
- User will able to see the o/p and will be able to edit and recompile or run his/her program
Modules of App:
Mobile Application: It would be just like conventional text-editors which would have syntax highlighting and indentation facilities for coding purpose.
It will have list of languages to choose from to code in.
Central Server: Which will be hosted online interface with which mobile app would communicate to exchange the code and it's o/p or Errors.Server will compile and run all the codes written in app.
- On hand multi-compiling and code running platform.
- No need of heavy configurations or any supporting installations
- Only code text has to be transferred over internet so it would be feasible by mobile devices with slow internet.
- You can pull your phone out in CS class-room for something better like coding (rather than texting what we usually do ) .You can use your tablet also for same and because of this app you don't have to keep your laptop with you to do the same
- Tablets and mobile devices can be used in classroom teaching.(Will help financially to colleges as colleges won't have to spend on heavy machines for some introductory courses rather they can use these apps and can get their LABS free for more for other intensive works)
I got this idea as I used to carry my laptop everyday for simple programming classes also like c,c++,java,too.One day I suddenly felt why on earth we don't have app(in tablets or mobile) for guys like me who actually makes apps and do all this computer magic stuff.