Target platform: Tablet.
Overview of the application and what it does:
This application will organize family members tasks individually and simplified their life and save valuable time by using the application's features.
Description of the intended uses for the application:
Organize the calendar for each of the family member. Entered recurring class schedule of the children, their dentist or doctor's appoinments, class's tests, extra curriculum activities. This way you can integrated their schedules with your tasks. There will be no overlapped appoinments. View the calendar by day, week, month, or year. Set the alarm with an animation avatar to remind you of important events so you'll never be late.
To Do List
Organize your To Do List so you can maximize your day and accomplished all tasks on time. Also, help your kids time management of their school's homeworks and study for tests.
Address & Contacts
Keep a detailed record of every contacts.
- Home Maintenance - Plumber, Electrician, etc.
- Auto Maintenance - Mechanic, auto store, etc.
- Children - their friends, school's officials.
- And more.
Click on the map button and it give you the map of the address location.
Use the camera of the tablet to scan your receipts, coupons. Also, a simple Financial Excel like to keep track all your expense.
Precious Moment Journal
Take a photo of your kid's first day of school and jotted a little note with it.
I'll be using the base code from here: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/38699/A-Professional-Calendar-Agenda-View-That-You-Will to build the calendar interface. Modified the codes to display current month and horizontal tabs on the left column. The horizontal tabs consisted of Contacts, To Do List, Keep Records, and Precious Moment Journal.
The Contacts window:
- List of name of friends or business.
- Click on indivisual person or business to show detail infomation. Also, click on the map button to show the map of the location.
The To Do List window:
- List of tasks.
- Each task will have a subject name, start date, due date, and its status.
The Keep Record window:
- Has vertical tabs with label like: Grocery Receipts, Utilities Receipts, etc. up to 20 tabs.
- At the bottom of the window, there is another window to enter all the transactions and do simple math of income/expense like Excel cells.
The Precious Moment Journal window:
- Simple load the picture from the camera & jotted down some notes in the small window below the picture with the stylus pen.
- Save the edited window.
Features used & Codes Written
- Used Levono's Tablet features: Touch screen, GPS, Camera and its scan's driver, pen.
- An extra memory module (8GB) for database storage.
- Used 50% of the base codes from the link above,
- Modified the codes to add in the ink canvas for scribble notes and working on the To Do List window as now. So, the code is 75% completed.
The coding languages to be used:
- Expression Blends 4.0
- Visual Studio 2012