Pantry Keeper is an app where you can take pictures from your phone and upload them to your virtual pantry see you can see what you have at home in your pantry.
The purpose is so you don't have to buy the same idea twice.
The app also lets you create a shopping list for items you want to buy and cross them off.
Pantry Keeper is a HTML5 / Server-side web based app that stores your photos securely on a web server and makes them easily accessible via any device.
Pantry Keeper uses PhoneGap API's to understand native functions like camera APIs.
The Platform you're targeting (All-In-One or Tablet)
- This application is for All in One
Category (All-In-One = Games or Entertainment. Tablet = Education, Healthcare, Finance, or Retail)
Overview of the application and what it does
- This app lets users take pictures of their pantry and upload them, and manage a shopping cart of what to buy related to the items they have or might possibly want.
Description of the intended uses for the application (presented in writing and/or visually)
- Food shoppers who are interested in saving money while buying groceries at the store.
The approach taken to develop the application
- This app was designed to be lightweight, but takes on some native functions.
The coding languages to be used
- The language used was HTML5, and PHP.