In today's world what can Money not buy? Apart from love it can buy anything and everything,
And What everyone wants is more and more money but the problem lies in how to multiply money many folds so that we can spend less and earn more on the same amount of money. There are many ways to look at this as to how we can make money. Let us take a look at some of the prominent ones :-
- The First and foremost is the Banks. Banks provide FD on a amounts which returns you a amount higher than what you have invests and give you a profit of may be 5%-10% on your Investment. Its the most safe option available with you but gives slow returns.
- Investment in mutual funds and equities that are another option that is available to the investors. It gives you a give return on your money but is generally suited for a long term investment but gives handsome returns on the amount.
- Third is the option of Stock Market. It is the most risky option that is available with the fluctuation of markets there is a chance of loss as well as there is chance of huge profits if played smart and bit safe.
The current trends in the markets is very fluctuating and there can be unprecedented losses if the person does not have enough financial knowledge and experience in Stock Market.
Thus this lead me to design my app called " Investment Analyzer" which is intended to solve your financial worry so that you may make the best of decisions before buying or selling stocks. The app tends to provide you with one place where you can keep all your financial assets and keep a stock of what returns it is intended to provide to you. Stocks , Equity and FD's are stacked under one roof.
I will be targeting the Finance in the Tablet Category as Lenovo combines the portability required by the person on the go coupled by Windows 8 platform which provides immense support to all the latest features.
I had two sources of Motivation:
- My Father: He is an person who likes taking the risk in stock markets . An avid investor he goes one notch higher to take the risks and buy and sell stocks at an appropriate rates. Now he have made over 3 lakhs from 2 years in the stock market but he still has a lot of manual work to do to keep his stocks and FD's in one place.
- My Friend: He is new to the game but the craze of it brought him to investment in stock market. He as expected was bought carelessly and Overconfidence had done him. He lost all the money invested in the market and as a result never came back.
Thus I decided to make an App that supports both the categories of Investors and bring them on a single platform.
- No Single place to keep all the investment documents like stocks and FD's.
- Hassle work of keeping an Excel File for keeping all FD and separate one for all Stocks.
- Losses in market triggered by the poor market understanding.
- List of stocks and FD's owned is available in an unorganized manner.
- Poor selection in buying and selling of stocks.
- Auto Renewal of FD's not known to the user.
- Streamlined and single minded focus on a bunch of stock.
Solution / Uses
- It will provide you with a single place where you can keep a track of your Stocks , FD's and other investment related documents.
- The App will analyse your stock held with you will calculate the worth of each stock based on the latest trading values and will analyse if you are in loses or profit based on the buying prize of your shares initially.
- The app will also calculate the FD's of your amount by entering the Rate of Interest of a particular bank or the rates can also be selected by choosing the bank name. The rates of the bank will be updated quarterly if there is any change in the rates of interest.
- The App will also calculate the sub total of all the shared owned by you and will also calculate the overall profit or loss based on the current market trends in the country. The App tends too Add also the shared bought as the prize originally and then will make a sub total and compare with the sub total rates in the current scenario market.
- With so much financial data at stake the user will be provided a small space of 30 MB to store their info on the servers. This information will be encrypted on the servers.
- All the financial data will be secure with dual security login systems in place for application. each involving a password protection for data protection.
- Account will be provided to each user for app personalisation.
- Forex information will also be available to the user for those who are also keep in currency trading.
- A dedicated chat room will also be available in the future version of app.
- Will also suggest stocks that can give you profits in the long run based on market forces.
There may be many application that may be available the market so what is so different with Investment Analyzer. The app will empower you not only as an investor but also as a market analyst. With the market trends at your finger tips you can quickly and skillfully manage your stocks and financial gains. With the portability of the Lonovo Thinkpad 2 Tablet you can easily take your tablet with you anywhere even to your Market Analyzer (if you are not sure of the App) .
Using the code
The code will be done on the Languages on C# , XAML , WCF , PHP , Azure platform.
The code will include classes such as finance, stocks, FD's,stocklist, etc. I will be using the C# and XAML for the front end coding as well as WCF, PHP for the server side
coding and using Azure for storing the database of the Stocks, FD's as well as their details.
There will be many methods that will be available to link various
codes to each other and will use functions to link the back end as well as front end coding.
Password Verification for Users through Internet
The file will store the password of the doctor for quick access and verification and will only need to access server one time initially
when the doctor logs on to the password for the first time.
private void hyperlinkButton2_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
NavigationService.Navigate(new Uri("/Ruralfirst;component/Page3.xaml", UriKind.Relative));
private void button1_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
if (passwordBox1.Password != "")
using (IsolatedStorageFile store = IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForApplication())
using (StreamReader qp = new StreamReader(
store.OpenFile("password.txt", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)))
x = qp.ReadToEnd();
if (passwordBox1.Password == x)
"Greetings Dr (get(docname)) \n\nPlease press OK to proceed to the Rural First.",
"Welcome!!!", MessageBoxButton.OK) == MessageBoxResult.OK)
textBlock3.Foreground = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Red);
textBlock3.Text = "Wrong Password!!!!!.\nPlease ReEnter the correct Password" +
" or Else tab Forgot Password to retrive the Passowrd.You can alternatively" +
" you can tabQuick Access to type your emergency 4 digit code to get quick access to app. ";
MessageBox.Show("You have not entered the password.\n\nPlease" +
" enter the password to continue or else tab the Forgot Password to " +
"retrive the password.Alternatively you can tab Quick Access " +
"to enter your 4 digit emergency code", "Error!!!", MessageBoxButton.OK);
The approach will be simple and the app will be designed and then it will be linked to the server for connecting the accounts. The app is 1/4 complete.
Points of Interest
Well there was a lot i learned during the making and coding of the application.
- The visit taught me lot including the plight of the people and how poor their health was.(Not related to Coding)
- The coding of the XAML part was a fun and it taught me a lot of things.
- Coding for Azure seems to be a tough task and I am still learning it.
- I found PHP very sensitive language.I spent 2 hours just because a double quote mistake.
- This app has involved me so much that i coded over 9 hours at stretch making and thinking for this app.