Job Point Average (JPA) is a mobile
workplace for students and professionals to trade knowledge using their smartphones and earn a socio-professional work rating. JPA is a job-snacking (short session workplace) and collaborative school environment. It opens up the global knowledge marketplace to all like has never been done before.
It has recently been proven that job creation is no longer coupled to GDP growth and social equality.
The JPA app leverages “machine capability” (the cloud) by to increase individual productivity through automated
knowledge reuse, a necessary ingredient of future jobs.
JPA is a mobile app aims to connect every high school and college graduate in the developing world to the job market. It introduces a borderless cashless, barter for education and consulting.
JPA builds on my idea that won the Nokia-UNESCO IdeasProject EFA challenge for Youth and Adult
Since then the idea has grown in 3 respects:
PROFESSIONAL RATING/ A Job Point Average (JPA) rating has been introduced, for job applicants include in their resumes. Employers can verify the JPA of anyone by searching using the applicant’s mobile number and then send a notification invitation to apply for the job;
- AUTOMATED KNOWLEDGE REUSE/ Successful solutions are saved in the cloud for re-use, and the original solution provider credited
- MOBILE WORKPLACE/ APIs opens up building of third-party plugins for reporting JPA ratings and interfaces for transfer of credits to other account holders, enabling conversion of open credits into real cash.
Below is an illustration of the functional design of the app. The app essentially does 10 things:
- It lets users post questions online
- It lists the active questions in a feed
- It lets experts and interns select questions to participate in - wither as experts offering solutions via group IM chat or interns tagging along and observe silently
- It lets the client/ student approve or disapprove solution offered
- It awards virtual currency to providers of approve solutions
- It computes and hosts a universal competency rating for each solution provider
- It lets users either transfer their virtual earnings from their account to other users' accounts, or pay for solutions/ internships
- It offers an API for checking ratings, so that employers can verify individual JPA
- It saves successful solutions for re-use even when the provider is offline
- It offers job demand and competencies analytics
JPA will be built using Delphi, with online MySQL database connected using ZEOS open source components.
Development will be done in 5 modules:
1 - SMS VERIFICATION/ A user enrolment with SMS account verification. Clickatell.com's HTTP API will be used because it is global with affordable SMS termination to about 1,000 mobile operators.
2 - POSTS FEEDS/ Each new account comes with 3 free starter credits, required to post a job into a stream. Posting a job is as simple as tweeting. Each post goes online immediately and a countdown clock begins to expire the job if it is not accepted within a set time window.
3 - GROUP CHAT/ Users can select a question from the stream, and wait for additional collaborative co-workers to join in. Once there is a team, both client (student) and collaborative experts get into a group chat environment.
4 - RATING/ This is a shared reward offered by the client to participants in the solution at the completion of the solution delivery task. The rating credits accounts with virtual money and re-computes individual JPA ratings
5 - CLOUD KNOWLEDGEBASE/ Positively rated deliveries are tagged and can be recalled when a matching question is posted.
JPA is entered in the Education category and it targets the Windows 8 tablet platform.