Reactor++ is a multiplayer game for table PC. The game will present fun questions to users and the one responding quickest with the right answer will win the round. There will be multiple questions preloaded in the game and presented randomly. More questions can be loaded online. The game will feature multiple difficulty levels and option to select number of users ranging from 2 to 6.
This game will let users to select number of players in the game which can range from 2 to 6.Also it will allow to select difficulty level out of 3 levels(Easy,Medium,Hard).basically the difficulty level is : how fast the question is presented. For example :
If the question is : Tap when red triangle appears .There will be multiple shapes flowing on the screen in different colors and when a red triangle appears user have to tap to win. The rate at which shapes flow, will depend on the difficulty level.The user tapping first at the right time(when red triangle appears) will win the round.If the answer is incorrect, his/her points will be deducted. There will be a maximum time after which question will expire(This will also depend on difficulty level) and new question will be presented.
The game will also feature remote play using a mobile device. For the remotely connected user, the question will be presented on a mobile device and the user can tap on this device to actually trigger tap on table PC.
Developing the App
I will use C# as the development language and visual studio 2012 as IDE. I will use WPF for UI and create UI using xaml.I will start with implementing basic features first and then extending it to advanced features.I will follow the following development plan:
- Start with two players first with preloaded questions and single difficulty level.
- Extend to multiplayer.
- Add the multiple difficulty levels
- Option for loading more questions online
- Adding remote play feature
- Other enhancements and features identified later
Intel® All-in-One (AIO) enabling vectors
- Multi touch and Multi user interface
- A user can play using his smartphone as remote by connecting with game. This will be made possible using the Intel® Common Connectivity Framework (Intel® CCF).