- A gamelan is a traditional musical ensemble from Indonesia, typically from the islands of Java and Bali, featuring a variety of instruments such as metallophones, xylophones, kendang (Javanese traditional drums) and gongs; bamboo flutes, bowed and plucked strings. For most Indonesians, gamelan music is an integral part of Indonesian culture.
- Gamelan Remix is a creative application that amalgamates popular songs with gamelan music making the song has a different music with Javanese and Balinese ethnics.
- The examples can be listened at
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F90398234" />
- It was born in Chacham Studio at Jogja Digital Valley
- We love Gamelan traditional instruments and want to amalgamate popular international songs with traditional instruments into one unique music.
- Users can choose songs from list that will be amalgamated with gamelan instruments from their own storage.
- Song set only the vocal sound that could be heard.
- Users can determine the rhythm of the music that will be utilized.
- The user interface is able to display the real instruments, for example: metallophones, xylophones, kendang (traditional drums) and gongs; bamboo flutes, bowed and plucked strings.
- Users can record and save their final mixed songs into song banks.
The approach taken to develop the application
We will develop this game using Construct 2 and Official Windows 8 plug-ins. It will be published using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
Tools And Materials
- Balsamiq Mockups
- Scirra Construct 2
- Visual Studio 2012
- Adobe photoshop CS 5
- Adobe Illustrator CS 6
- Gamelan Sound Library
- 2013/09/04 - First draft
- This app will be develop in early September 2013