Note: I have been selected as a finalist of round 1 of Intel App Innovation 2013 and converting my express entry as an Article.
Our lives become so busy now days that we are not able to concentrate on your health. We have lots of things to finish off in a day and we take our health for-granted. A human body needs certain amount of proteins and vitamins etc in order to be function properly and daily Calories required for the body and how much calorie burned is required as per body and daily activities. but we will not aware of all these facts.
What if an application exits where user enter their age, height and sex, by configuring their profile and app will let user know what all they need to have ,how much calories is required throughout a day, Calories burned estimation.User can also specify what all disease they have and further application will enhance the results by understand user.
Health Plus is an interactive app which will provide to the users all the health related information. user just has to enter their gender, age, height and weight and he/she will be able to get all the information like what all they need to have in term of proteins, vitamins, calories etc.., how much calories is required to gain or burn throughout a day.
Along with this app will provide an interactive reference, it include a rotational organ overview model.It contains high-resolution images and feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points.
Muscular System (anterior, posterior and lateral views), Skeletal System (anterior, posterior and lateral views), Circulation System,Body Region,Heart, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Nervous System, Female and male Reproductive Systems, Ear Structure, Nasal Cavity, Eye.
Health Calculators like “Caloris Burned Estimation”, “Daily Energy estimation”, “Daily Healthy Diet contents”, Nutrition Requirement as per particular body structure.
- Muscle description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS) with Zoom diagrams for an uninterrupted view.
- Tap and Zoom - Pinch zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
- Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
- High-resolution images.
- Touch and Multitouch - Application will be fully touch aware and will support multi-touch. Other devices like external styles, detachable form factor of the tablets will also be supported in app.
- Gestures – Gesture (i.e. swipe, pinch to zoom, navigate among the pages) will be supported by this apps.
- Voice Commands and Dictation - Application will be fully loaded with voice commands and voice dictation. User will be easily able to give all the inputs by voice command in simple English language.
Approach towards development
I will be creating a windows 8 desktop app in Visual Studio 2012 using .Net Framework 4.5 and I will be using C# language for coding and WPF (XAML) for designing. I will be integrating touch gestures, multi-touch gestures and voice capability and drawing capability.
I will be using C# as my primary language for coding. Designing of application will be done in XAML (WPF).
Every user will be intended user of this application.
- 10th September 2013, converted express entry to article in app innovation contest 2013.
I am a Software Engineer and working from past 2+ years, who is specialized in health care domain and C#.NET software development. I have written several desktop applications, window services, windows 8 and windows phone 8 applications. His area of interest are Multithreading, Files, WCF, WPF, LINQ, Window Service, XML, WMI, Active Directory, Security, Architecture Design, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Apart from that, He also have interest in creating games using XNA / MonoGame.