This articles was originally at wiki.asp.net but has now been given a new home on CodeProject. Editing rights for this article has been set at Bronze or above, so please go in and edit and update this article to keep it fresh and relevant.
ASP.NET MVC Learning Roadmap
For everybody who wants to learn ASP.NET MVC from ground up Young Yang posted a very useful learning roadmap in the forum on this site.
I shared this roadmap on this wiki, so that everybody can profit from it. A special thanks for this great roadmap and his hard work goes to Young Yang.
For everybody, who looks forward to ASP.NET MVC 4 this roadmap should be interesting:
Part 1: MVC preparation
Part 2: MVC Beginner’s
MVC Level 100:
Part 3: More information you can refer (This part is depend on you)
MVC Level 200-300
- Walkthrough: Using TDD with ASP.NET MVC:
- MVC Mode validation:
- EF code first:
- Dependency Injection In MVC:
- Asp.net MVC3 Service Location:
- Unobtrusive Client Validation in ASP.NET MVC 3:
- Overriding Unobtrusive Client Side Validation Settings in ASP.NET MVC 3:
- Auto mapper from domain model to view model:
- Asp.net MVC Templates:
- Custom Membership provider:
- MVC custom validation:
- CMS in MVC:
- Model binding to a List:
Useful tools in MVC:
- Firebug and fiddler.
- Glimpse: allows you to debug your Web App/Service right in the browser, In other words what Firebug is to debugging your client side code, Glimpse is to debugging your server within the client.
- Elmah is an application-wide error logging facility that is completely pluggable.