- Today I am going to Review a Book which has been published by Packt Publishing.
- The Author of this book is Wojciech Bednarski.
Table of Contents
What you will learn from this book
- Test your codebase and application as well as learning how to integrate tests with the continuous integration tool, Jenkins
- As it does not depend on server components, it can be combined with any web service interface and server-side language.
- It finishes with an example of building a web application.
- This book will guide you on how to build a sample application from scratch, test its codebase using unit testing, as well as test the whole application using functional testing, document it, and deploy the same.
Who this book is for
- The way the author has explained the code snippets are really awesome. It's very clear and we can follow it even without practically involving with the code base.Because It contains all the relevant images, output of the source code and more...
- On each and every chapter there are a number of useful external links for obtaining additional knowledge where if we would like to. It's really helped for the get in-depth knowledge of the desired areas.
- The source code comes with this book is, having read me file in each and every chapter's folder and it explains how to use the code samples properly. Which is really good.
- It's better if the source code of this book can put on the JsFiddle.Then readers can easily change the things and test lively.It'll give huge value for this book. Especially for the eBook readers.
- I realized there are places where it calls for more explanation about the code snippets. But an Author has not done that.
- The other issue where I have about this book is with the formatting of the Code snippets.Currently it's in Black and White (mono) way. It should require as color syntax code for better reading experience (at least for the eBook).
- I have seen number Urls which are wrongly posted.
- I just picked one of them here.
- I have to put a special thanks for Packet Publishers,who gave me this opportunity to review this book.Packet Publishers are doing an outstanding job in the Software Developer world by publishing this kind of Up-To-Date books in very specific areas.Keep up the Good work.
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading of this book and I hope the same will feel for you too.
- Thanks for the Author Wojciech as well for writing this kind of Instant category book.Keep up the Good work.
Sampath Lokuge holds a Bachelor of Science degree in the Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
He possesses over 7 years of experience in constructing web applications using Microsoft Technologies including ASP.net MVC, C#, SQL Server, Web API, Entity Framework and also other web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3,jQuery and AngularJS.
Sampath has earned Microsoft certifications such as MCP, MCAD, MCSD and MCTS and very recently he has completed MS (Microsoft Specialist) for MVC 4 and MCSD (Windows Store Apps Using HTML5).
Besides that, he is an active blogger, writing about web and mobile development issues and promoting best practices.He also actively participates in online communities such as Code Project and StackOverflow.He himself is handling three communities, which are ASP.net MVC 5 With C# on Linkedin,Entity Framework 6 on G+ and Hybrid Mobile App with WinJS on Facebook.
My Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
My Tech Blog
Sampath Lokuge Tech Blog
Communities which I'm Handling :
Entity Framework 6
ASP.net MVC 5 With C#