SharePoint Server 2010 RTM is available to download for MSDN/TechNet subscribers. This article describes the steps required to install and configure SharePoint Server 2010 RTM Edition on a one box VMware 64 bit edition.
- Windows Server 2008 with SP2 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Cumulative update package 7 for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 (10.0.2766.0) or later
- SharePoint 2010 Installer will automatically install the remaining software prerequisites
Step by Step Guide to Install SharePoint Server 2010
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 ISO image for MSDN web site
- Run setup.exe to start the installation process. Software prerequisites will be installed.
- Restart your computer to complete the software prerequisites installation.
- SharePoint 2010 setup will start. On the screen below, enter product key and click Continue to proceed.
- Click I accept the terms of this agreement and click Continue to proceed.
- Choose File location and click Install Now.
- SharePoint 2010 installation is completed. Click Close to Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard.
- SharePoint configuration wizard is started. Click Next to continue.
The wizard will inform you that the number of services will be restarted or reset during the installation. Click Yes to continue.
- Choose Create a new server farm option. Click Next to proceed.
- On the Specify Configuration Database Settings screen, enter the following:
- Database Server: Enter database server name
- Database Name: Enter SharePoint Configuration Database Name
- Database Access Account:
- User Name: Enter SharePoint Server Farm access account
- Password: Enter password
- Enter farm security settings.
- On the SharePoint Central Administration Web Application screen, configure the following:
- Specify port number (Checked)
- Enter a port number between 1 and 65535
- Authentication Provider: Choose NTLM
- On the next screen, click Next to proceed.
- SharePoint configuration start provisioning SharePoint 2010 Farm.
- Once SharePoint farm configuration is completed, a summary screen will appear to provide the information regarding the farm.
I do hope that you will find this article useful in installing SharePoint 2010 in your environment.
Please visit my blog site to find more useful articles on SharePoint.
- 24th April, 2010: Initial post