Favicon is a image\icon displayed alongside the address of a website and also shown as icon in your favorite/bookmark list of website.
How to add a favicon
- Create a icon (.ico) file which you want to show in address bar, on tab or icon in favorite item.
- Name it as favicon.ico and place it on the root folder of your website.
- Add below tag under <Head> section.
<link href="favicon.ico" rel="Shortcut Icon" />
Points to remember
- Size of icon should not exceed dimension 16 x 16.
- Browsers can keep your favicon on their cache, so even if you have changed it, old icon can still be shown to user by browser.
- In case above line of code is not working try using this.
<link rel="icon" type="image/ico" href="favicon.ico" />