Aspose.Cells for .NET provides the most flexible group of components that enable C# VB.NET Application to create & manage Excel Spreadsheets
without requiring Microsoft Excel® to be installed on the server. The set of feature-rich components that offers much more than just basic importing and exporting of data. With these components developers can import and export data, format spreadsheets in every detail and at every level, import images, apply and calculate complex formulas, stream Excel® data, save in various formats and much, much more.
Aspose.Cells for .NET includes a class library that supports all types of manipulation regarding Excel® formats. It is a non-graphical spreadsheet management library that can be used with any kind of application whether it's an ASP.NET Web Application or a Windows Desktop Application. Moreover, the component can also be used with some other solutions like ASP, PHP, Python etc
No Microsoft Excel Automation
Aspose.Cells for .NET allows developers to create and manage Excel Spreadsheets without requiring Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Office to be installed on the system. All Aspose components are totally independent and are not affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. In short, Aspose.Cells for .NET is a better alternative to automation in terms of security, stability, scalability/speed, price and features.
Unlike similar products from other vendors, Aspose.Cells for .NET not only supports spreadsheet generation and other basic file formatting features, but also supports a number of advanced features. These advanced features make it much more convenient for the developers to manipulate spreadsheet contents, cells formatting and files protection. Aspose.Cells for .NET supports features such as:
- Saving and opening Excel files to and from streams
- Sending output to a client browser
- Importing and exporting data from a DataTable, DataView or Array
- Importing formulae from a designer spreadsheet
- Configuring page setup through API
- Apply data validation and data sorting
- Freezing / unfreezing panes
- Importing images and charts
- Creating images and charts through API
Aspose.Cells for .NET also supports Addins, VBA and macros. Moreover, there are also a number of unique features that developers can only find in Aspose.Cells for .NET such as:
- The support of CSV format
- Adding the copy of an existing worksheet (with full contents, images and charts etc.) to a file
- Setting gradient background for charts through API
- Creating comments
- Auto-filters and page breaks through API
- Creating List and Subtotals
- Implementing Advanced Conditional Formatting
- Setting complex formulae
- Applying Excel 2007 Themes and Colors
- Manipulating named ranges
- Document properties settings
- Pivot tables
- Locating APIs
- Supporting custom chart API
- Robust Formula calculation engine etc.
Support for many Different File Formats
Using Aspose.Cells for .NET, developers can easily open and save a multitude of file formats. These include Excel 97 / 2000 / XP / 2007 (XLSX/XLSM), SpreadSheetML, Tab Delimited and CSV documents. Using Aspose.Cells for .NET you can also open encrypted Excel files. It is even possible to convert Excel documents into PDF format directly using the component.
Extended Worksheet Processing
With Aspose.Cells Grid controls you can easily Add/Remove Worksheets, Sort Worksheet data both horizontally & vertically, Worksheet Pagination, rename Worksheets and create spreadsheets from scratch. In addition to this, Aspose.Cells Grid controls allow you to Add/Insert/Remove Rows and Columns of a Worksheet, Hide/Unhide Rows and Columns, Freeze/Unfreeze Rows & Columns and customize the Headers of Rows & Columns.