Aspose.Cells for Java is a non-graphical Excel® spreadsheet reporting component that enables Java applications to read and write Excel® spreadsheets without utilizing Microsoft Excel®. Aspose.Cells for Java is a very feature rich component that offers much more than just basic exporting of data. With Aspose.Cells for Java developers can export data, format spreadsheets in every detail and at every level, import images, import charts, create charts, stream Excel® data, save in various formats and much, much more.
No Microsoft Excel Automation
Aspose.Cells for Java is the most flexible component that allows developers to create and manage Excel Spreadsheets
without requiring Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Office to be installed on the system. All Aspose components are totally independent and are not affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. In short, Aspose.Cells for Java is a better alternative to automation in terms of security, stability, scalability/speed, price and features.
Unlike similar products from other vendors, Aspose.Cells for Java not only supports spreadsheet generation and other basic file formatting features, but also supports a number of advanced features. These advanced features make it much more convenient for the developers to manipulate spreadsheet contents, cells formatting and files protection. Aspose.Cells for Java supports features such as:
- Saving and opening Excel files to and from streams
-Sending output to a client browser
- Saving and opening ODS format files
- Importing and exporting data from an Array, ArrayList and Recordset
- Importing images and charts
- Creating images and charts through API
- Importing formulae from a designer spreadsheet
- Configuring page setup through API
Aspose.Cells for Java also supports Addins, VBA and macros. Moreover, there are also a number of unique features that developers can only find in Aspose.Cells for Java such as:
- The support of CSV format
- Adding the copy of an existing worksheet (with full contents, images and charts etc.) to a file
- Creating comments
- Auto-filters and page breaks through API
- Setting complex formulae
- Supporting conditional formatting
- Supporting protection options introduced in Microsoft Excel XP
- Manipulating named ranges
- Creating PivotTables through API
- Processing data in Excel files in Event driven mode
- Saving as HTML files or streams
- Supporting custom chart API
- Formula calculation engine etc.
Aspose.Cells for Java cover most of the popular development environments and deployment platforms. Aspose.Cells for Java is available for Java 1.4 or 1.5 and will run in any place where Java is installed. You can also use Aspose.Cells for Java with PHP.
Support for many Different File Formats
Using Aspose.Cells for Java, developers can easily open and save a multitude of file formats. These include Excel 97 / 2000 / XP / 2007 (XLSX), SpreadSheetML, Tab Delimited and CSV documents. Using Aspose.Cells for Java you can also open encrypted Excel files. It is even possible to convert Excel documents into PDF format by using another Aspose product (that is Aspose.Pdf for Java) alongwith Aspose.Cells for Java.