Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and VSTO
Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and VSTO is the only available tool on the development components market that allows using visual designers instead of routine coding to create professional application-level extensions for Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and InfoPath in VSTO 2005 SE and VSTO 2008.
With Add-in Express, you can easily develop robust feature-rich Office solutions tailored to your special requirements with minimal coding, including:
- Microsoft Outlook add-ins
- Excel workbook customizations
- Word document customizations
- InfoPath form template customizations
Advanced features of Add-in Express enable you to customize the Office 2007 Ribbon UI and Office 2003 toolbars at design-time and run-time; create custom task panes, modify Outlook windows with any .net forms, place any .net controls onto Office toolbars and more.
Add-in Express is based on the security and deployment model of VSTO 2005 (SE) and VSTO 2008, and works for VB.NET and C# as well as Delphi Prism 2009.
• Component-centric programming model. Add-in Express for VSTO is completely based on the .NET framework and integrated into Visual Studio. It organizes all your development work over a set of Microsoft Office-specific components. You use these components and their designers whenever you need to create a new Microsoft Office toolbar or to connect to an existing toolbar, to customize the Ribbon UI, to add new items to Microsoft Office menus, etc.
• Visual designers instead of coding. You use visual designers instead of error-prone coding to customize Microsoft Office menus, toolbars and ribbons, to handle Microsoft Outlook events, to create task panes, to develop Microsoft Outlook view and form regions and more.
• Complete support of the Ribbon UI and classic GUI. Office 2007 is completely supported by the Add-in Express programming model. You can customize Microsoft Office 2007, including the Ribbon UI, Quick Access Toolbar, Office Menu, and Custom Task Panes. For all this Add-in Express provides several new components that replace manually prepared Ribbon-related XML with visual designers.
• Version-neutrality. With Add-in Express you develop one VSTO solution for Office 2003 and 2007. Your add-ins developed for Office 2003 will show the Ribbon UI in Office 2007.
• Advanced features for Microsoft Outlook. You get a number of powerful Outlook-specific features such as Advanced Microsoft Outlook Regions, option and property pages, event helpers for the Folders, Items and Item objects and more. With Add-in Express Advanced Outlook Form and View Regions you can customize the Outlook UI using any .NET forms and controls on any Outlook views and forms including e-mail, task, appointment and other windows, navigation and reading panes, to-do bar, etc.
• Advanced Excel features. With Add-in Express you create custom task panes in Excel 2007 in seconds. You also get a solution for Excel 2003 task panes!
• NEW! Advanced task panes for Word 2000-2007.
• NEW! Advanced task panes for PowerPoint 2000-2007.
• Any .NET controls on Microsoft Office toolbars. Besides standard toolbar controls available in Microsoft Office, you can place any custom .NET controls onto your Office 2003 and 2007 toolbars. You can use date-time pickers, grids, treeviews, lists and other .NET controls on any Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint toolbar.
You can find more at: