is a lightweight code review tool that integrates with popular control systems namely: TFS, Subversion, Mercurial and Git. It is an add-in for Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013 designed to enhance the team development process. It includes support for formal code review and allows users to add comments to a piece of code.
- Integration into Visual Studio allows users to concentrate on the working process, inspecting colleagues' work and leaving notes within the project context.
- Simple review process
The application relieves developers of the tedious formal meetings. Devart code review tool is easy in setting up and usage, flexible work-flow settings can be adapted to existing review schemes.
- Forum-like code discussion
Review Assistant is designed to help developers to: add general comments to the entire review, or comments to a specific line of the code; leave comments in a threaded fashion to allow other participants to discuss code without formal meetings.
- Formal reviews include primary roles, defined but non-restrictive work-flows.
- Ad-hoc reviews provide an opportunity to leave an inline comment, mark it as a defect and assign a person to fix it - without starting formal review process.
- Integration with most popular version control systems namely: TFS, Subversion, Mercurial and Git.
- Email notifications Review Assistant enables developers to set up email notifications about events occurring when the review is in progress.
- Code review reports
Review Assistant introduces the basic reporting feature. There are four built-in report types: Reviewer Statistics, Author Statistics, Users Status and Reviews Status.
- Integration with code comparison tools
Review Assistant has an option to comfortably call up and compare file revisions through integration with Code Compare
- Free Edition makes it possible to try out a product version in a small team to evaluate a product, benefiting from the full version's features.